Wednesday, May 19, 2010

We've Been Busy, but More Pictures are to Come!

We've hosted my friend, Shari (who by the way does not enjoy sitting still - she likes to be on the go!) and just arrived back from a trip over Ascension break, so I have lots of pictures to share soon. I did need to share one story from a recent volunteer time in J's art class. The art teacher was having them draw a picture of the inside of a house with pencil that would later be colored. My daughter all the sudden asked, "Where's the rubber?" Mom (me) is shocked as my eyes bugged out to prove it - the what? Then I glance over and someone is handing her the eraser. She has picked up many words from the British. Rubbish is the word for trash. Apparently rubber is the word for eraser.
We'll have to remind her before we move back that it's an eraser where we come from since she could potentially be expelled from school calling it the other word!

No comments: