Sunday, May 3, 2009

Belated Easter Egg Coloring Pictures

I recently found out (after stressing about all these pictures and places) you can take your blog and make it into a book "very easily". We'll see how the 'easily' part turns out, but that took a huge weight off my shoulders since I of course wanted to scrapbook our journeys. Hopefully we can eventually figure out how to implement the program.

I found these Easter pictures that I need to have in my scrapbook, so they're a little belated, but better late than never.

The brown eggs here didn't seem to hinder our American dyes.



J picked some thick paints that easily covered any traces of brown eggs.

R's dye consisted of two steps with the first being dying eggs in a baggie. Then sparkles were added for the finishing touch. Surprisingly, these also came out well without using white eggs.





Yes, if you look closely at the newspaper protecting the table, it's from the U.S. I know you're thinking I'm crazy bringing over the Daily Journal from 2008, but with the dog's cage, I wasn't sure where or when we'd get newspaper here. Since I'm not wasting my money buying a Belgian newspaper I can't read solely for her droppings, I packed it just for her. It came in handy! :)

3 comments:

julie said...

I am so glad you put the disclaimer on the end of the blog about the newspaper. You were right. The first thing I did was try to read the advertisements under J's egg!

Dallas said...

Their eggs turned out great! Too funny about bringing over the newspaper. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Samantha S said...

Dear Mrs.H,

Hi! We miss you so much! I wish you could see me. I have short hair, and glasses. I know this is not a comment but this is the only way i know how to talk to you. Anyway its teacher appreciation week. But i would never forget about you! So, Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!

Your student,
Samantha S.