Monday, May 25, 2009

Trade-Off

Let me just start by saying...we're living in Europe!!! Yippee!

Ok, now the chaotic part, forcing me to have plans that are well thought out and orchestrated to retrieve our desired items like...my daughter's favorite panties. I just ordered them from Amazon.com because I can't find the same exact ones at Target.com (where I'm pretty sure I bought them in the store before we came). I then have them shipped to my parents' house so K can stop by, pack them in his suitcase, and bring them to us. I could have sent a picture of them with K when he returns to the states in a few days or send a picture to my mom and have her try to find the replicas at the real store. (By the way, what would you say if you were shopping in the Greenwood Target and came across my husband in the girl's panties aisle with a picture in his hand, sorting through the racks for not only the right style, but the right size too? It would take him at least 10 min. I'm sure!)
This is the part where K and I believe most tasks here take 3 times as long to accomplish. I should be able to just go to the store here, see her size, bring them home, wash them, and viola! They're panties and I'm spending how many minutes searching for them on the internet to find the ones we know have the perfect fit? I spent 3 times as much money for them too! This is ridiculous, but they are the ones that don't give her a wedgie (which by the way, how do you spell that?), so when you think of the comfort she's enjoying while she plays on the monkey bars at school, it's completely worth the hassle. It's a trade-off, but we're still enjoying it!

No comments: