Thursday, October 1, 2009

1st Day of School for J

September 1st was the 1st day of Kindergarten for J. She rode the bus with R, but couldn't understand why I wouldn't drive her to school like I had driven her older brother the day before. Oops!
I would have done it, but didn't get an e-mail to the transportation people in time. I just wasn't thinking, so I had to now think quick and make this sound like something special. I just replied, "Well, R didn't get his first day of school picture waiting for the school bus like you're getting to do." OK - to me that sounded pretty lame, but she bought it and cheesed it up for me. She was happy and even blew me kisses as the bus picked her up and drove off.

Here we go again...another year of coffees with other moms, volunteer meetings, lunches, running with my girlfriends, grocery shopping without disciplining children, and my sacred Wednesday Bible studies that I have grown to cherish. The dog just cherishes these morning walks as the bus comes about 3-4 minutes down the street from our house. As soon as she sees the kids get their shoes on, ready to leave the house, she's barking her head off as if we're going to forget that she loves to accompany the kids to the bus stop.

No comments: