Monday, April 19, 2010

We Made it Home



After a long day of traveling yesterday (about 12 hours total) we slept in our own beds last night. Once again, the kids were troopers and didn't complain much about the mode and length of transportation. I'll just tell you too, that the London train station is doing some booming business! There's nothing to do there but eat or shop, and our family did both, spending more pounds than we had planned.

One of my favorite stores was there - Accessorize! It's so girly and fun. K urged me to go find something to buy for myself and I thought, "What do you even buy? There are way too many things I just love in this store!" I overcame, and limited my selection down to a few items. J had fancied this peacock hair accessory from earlier in the week. I tried really hard to talk her out of it, but you can see who won that battle.
Europeans walking by just giggled at our children and their suitcase riding abilities. Hey, whatever keeps them happy works for us. It's also a bonus for us - they don't ask for any help with their suitcases.
So, after walking through the door of our abode last night around 10:30, and falling asleep very quickly afterwards, the craziness of laundry continually piles for me as R woke up with the horrible stomach bug that's been going around. K has our only car since our second is at the airport. (We were going to pick it up this morning after sending the kids off to school, but you can see that plan failed.) The dog is still stuck at the kennel until I can retrieve my car. Poor Kelsey! I'm just glad that stomach bug chose to visit us after we arrived home instead of on the train, and so I'm off to do some more laundry.

2 comments:

Reid said...

oh no! what an adventure. I love the peacock bow and think all the travel treasures were well deserved. please pray for us as we begin our 12+ hour train trip back to Brussels tomorrow. 3 trains so am so hopeful the connections all hold. be careful what you offer in terms of housing in brussels once we make it back. that darn volcano is showing no signs of letting up. I will keep you posted. here's hoping you get your car, your dog and your kids well very soon!

Dallas said...

Glad you made it home safely. I heard the train stations are just as crazy and booked as the airlines. Hope you get a relaxing week after all that travel.