Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First Haircut Here

I was dreading my first haircut in Belgium. What would happen? I've heard horror stories about a person coming first to consult with you in the chair about how you'd like your new do. Then another person steps up and they converse in French about the cut. The first person leaves and the second is left to cut your hair. One of the ladies in my Hints for Living in Belgium class told us she wanted a little more taken off but the answer was, "Sorry, but you said you wanted it this way and that's how we're leaving it."
After glancing through a notebook provided by the children's school, I found one hairstylist listed. He speaks English - great! (They also have recommended kennels for dogs, recommended doctors, restaurants, all kinds of stuff!) His name is Stephane and his price listed in the notebook was very reasonable. Only 35 Euros. I called and he took my information with the appointment being made for the following day. He then asked for my address because he makes house calls. How crazy is that!? I thought, what do I need to do to have my house turned into a beauty shop? It turns out...only a chair and some light!
He waltzed in, placed his bag down, pulled up a chair, and got to work. I loved my new cut! He did a marvelous job, and the best part is, K really likes it too! Another new experience under my belt!

No comments: