Sunday, February 15, 2009

Little Stinkers

Our youngest, J, for some odd reason that we can't quite pin down yet, was a flat out stinker this weekend. She disobeyed numerous times, giggling nonstop like it was something to be proud of, to the point that we had to come down harder on her than usual more than a few times.
R of course had the vomits, so he was pretty tired most of the weekend and out of commission, so it surprised me when we ventured out to catch the bus this morning and he pulled a stinkerish act.
J had already pushed the code to open the big iron gate for our driveway, and it hadn't worked. I also tried to open it with the code a few times as well, sighing each time because I had to make a quick decision...either go get the key to the walk through gate or try a few more times to open this one. My time was running short...the bus could be coming very soon. Just as I was about to turn around, run back into the house to get the keys for the other gate, R stepped forward out of his stance and announced, "I was blocking the sensor." Not in the tone of, "Oh, goodness Mom, I'm really sorry, but I didn't realize I was blocking the sensor." It was more like, "I knew I was blocking the sensor and stressing you out," with a sly smirk! While I was relieved to have the gate open, I was debating on preaching a lecture about the right time and place for playing jokes. It sounds like to me his "weariness" this morning might have been a little prank as well.

2 comments:

Aaron, Mandy, Kayla, and Maren said...

I will preface this comment with I enjoy being able to keep up with your family, and also that this is Aaron so there is no confusion :)

Please type out your names it is really painful to read J and K and R. I'm sure others share my same thought, but just aren't "Aaron" enough to say something :)

We miss you and are praying for you!

BelgiumBound said...

Thanks! We would love to type out our names, but K's approval of putting pictures up on the blog was not to identify our names. We have watched too many Dateline TV shows and coming to a new environment, we were nervous to have our children's identities known. Sorry, but my hubby wins this argument! We shook hands on it. :)
Maybe you could take a Tylenol before reading!