Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Countdown - 5 Days until the Paris Semi Marathon

Why do they call it the semi marathon? I'm not sure, but 'semi' makes it sound like it's going to be easy. We ran 10 miles in cold, rainy weather Friday which was difficult, and I'm sure that 13.5 is not going to be simple for us to get through. Since we finished our 10 miles on Friday we all made our trip to Starbucks to replace the calories lost during the run. I had a white chocolate mocha with all the fattening tasty stuff! Well worth the run.

2 comments:

Mandi, Lindy, Andrew, Ethan, & Louie said...

Hello - I'm the one moving to Belgium soon that posted a while back. I didn't see a way to reach you from your blog. I wanted to see if I could bother you with a question or two? If you happen to get this message in the next day or two please send me a msg at akmerli@hotmail.com. I am staying in Waterloo for a couple more days house hunting and would love a local perspective if you happen to live nearby. Thanks!!! Mandi

Mandi, Lindy, Andrew, Ethan, & Louie said...

Sorry! I think you are running your half this weekend! Good luck and hope to meet you soon!!