Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Edible Cars



Why is Daddy always gone when these "fun" projects are assigned?

Our friends' daughter came over one night a few weeks ago and I was to help her with homework since her mother was back in the states. One assignment I read in her agenda was the task of creating an edible car. I was glad my only assignment was to help with spelling sentences and that her father was the lucky one to help her later in the week with the car. I smiled to myself as I thought my son's classroom was exempt from the car assignment since it was nowhere to be seen in his agenda.

Then the letter came. We weren't exempt. Just delayed a day.

So, Daddy left on Sunday and the edible car was due on Tuesday. There's no way you can help a child make a cucumber last longer than it's destined to, so I had the task of helping R make his edible car Monday night. Not too fancy, but it rolled. That was the requirement - and that everything except the axles be made from food. I can't wait to see what the next project will be since it's Daddy's turn to help with that one!

1 comment:

Reid said...

vroom, vroom! what a car. and what a strange homework assignment!