Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy 8th Birthday R!

After some fun Lego games outside, we had come in for cookie cake (R's favorite, which is unheard of here so I have to make my own) and the opening of presents. After about 15 minutes we were ready for the next wave of outside play. As you can tell in the pictures the boys are having a great time. There were 10 total, and can I just say that 10 boys in the same house is A LOT!? I was just thanking God for the decent weather so they could release their energy outside instead of in the house with my new Murano glass vase from Venice on the mantle!
This is the last picture containing the snacks neatly displayed on paper plates...later on some were catapulted to classmates, so the picture taking ceased for the photographer to turn into the "crowd controller".
The boys had a great time and we even had one friend tell us their son reported, "They sure know how to throw a party!" (Can I just say how thankful I was that it was such a success in their eyes? That same little boy had gone to 3 birthday parties that weekend, so I was amazed he thought my silly games were fun!)
Like I said, we were busy keeping these boys active and involved to the point where pictures became a nuisance, so there aren't many to document R's birthday. Hopefully the memories will last and be good enough.
As the last boys left, J announced, "Those boys are naughty!" (This comment was concerning ALL the boys - ours included as he was given a warning of a time out at one point.) I'm not so sure the boys are truly naughty, but I will say that they love to party!

No comments: