Saturday, June 5, 2010

That's Life

Our household is a little frustrated today. Daddy was supposed to arrive around 8:30 and I found myself glancing out the window to see if the gate was opening as I flipped pancakes and stirred scrambled eggs. 8:45 I received a phone call from Daddy and I was thinking, "Oh, that silly gate won't open. I bet he wants me to push the button so he can pull the car in the driveway."

Nope - he was calling from NY. Halfway through the flight home the plane 'had something wrong' and needed to turn back to the States. My heart sank (just a little because I knew he was safe) as I listened to what had happened. They made it safely back to NY, however, after being gone all week K doesn't get back now until tomorrow night. He's sleeping for a few hours in NY, flying to London, and then coming to Brussels tomorrow night.

In the meantime, the airline lost one of our bags (better not be the one with J's favorite dip) and I have two kids who really miss their Daddy who was supposed to be here today. Even though we're missing him and a little frustrated, we're just glad he's safe.

No comments: