Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mediterranean Cruise, Day 3 (July 14)

These are the views we had coming into the port of Valletta, Malta. The ship staff bragged on the beauty of this port, saying they never tire of cruising into Valletta!

Today was very laid back as we took a tour of the island which included stopping to shop a little of course.

With all the limestone quarries I felt like I was back home in Indiana!
We asked about the draped boats and our tour guide said probably someone from the area had died so this was a gesture of mourning.

The Blue Grotto below is a beautifully peaceful area that you can actually take a boat ride through.

Look at how blue that water is! Amazing!

Overall, the size of the island surprised me. From our tour, it seemed like the people had simply run out of room here.

We needed a picture of us in front of our ship...and here it is!

1 comment:

Reid said...

wow! malta has been on my list to learn more about. definitely want to know if you recommend it when we get together next. I am loving the cruise posts. we just got back from our cruise and I am overwhelmed by all the ports and all the photos!!! hope I can remember it all