Friday, August 7, 2009

Mediterranean Cruise, Day 6 (July 17)

K endlessly pokes fun at me because I will start to rattle off a popular saying, but half of the time I get the wording all wrong. That's why I don't tell jokes. Anyway, I'm afraid there are signs J has taken after me in that realm. She woke up and declared, "I want to go see the dancing tower." Oh really? Well, you just try to find that place and let us know how that turns out for you! She never did find a dancing tower, but was pretty impressed that we found one that leans.

Next stop...Livorno where we took a train into Pisa to see the Leaning Tower.

My muscles have never ached so bad in my life as they did after this.

I was actually very surprised to see how far it leans, and to think they recently have adjusted it so the angle is not so severe. Compare it to the building on the right and you can see the difference. Also, take a look at the base of the Leaning Tower. It's impressive!

So many people toured inside, but I think I would have had a panic attack wondering if at that moment it would decide to collapse?

No comments: