Tuesday, June 9, 2009

12 Years and Going Strong!

The Chateau de La Hulpe is just down the way from us and has great walking trails. It's the perfect place for celebrating our anniversary on a lazy afternooon. I have taken the kids there one other time, but K had never been. I didn't get any pictures of the chateau this time because there was a huge tent blocking the view, but I'll take some in the future. It's really a beautiful place!
Nobody in our family likes the ends of the bread loaves, so we have been saving them for the perfect day to feed the ducks...like June 7th!

I wish I could have gotten a picture of R's smile when all these ducks flocked to greet him once they realized he had food!


This stinker was chasing everyone around, proving his dominance.
Maybe my friend Dallas can help us determine which bird this is? Any ideas? It has a distinctive eye.
We found these miniature frogs along a path...K thought they were crickets at first when they were hopping around because of their size. They are tiny!
She cannot be my daughter...she will pick up anything no matter how slimy or gross it is.
Of course by the end of the afternoon we each had our own walking stick and Kelsey had 2 ticks crawling on her which prompted a whole family search. I never thought I'd end the day looking through my husband's hair like a chimpanzee on our anniversary, but it happened!

1 comment:

Dallas said...

Haha, those funny looking birds are Egyptian Geese. Happy Anniversary.