Monday, June 8, 2009

Disney Paris..."Finally!" Pastor Ben Says!

Yes, back home we're known as the family addicted to Disney World. We've been to the Florida themepark numerous times and even on a Disney Cruise. The kids love it, and we love seeing their faces beam every time we go. Disney sets the bar high for friendliness, cleanliness, and respectfulness. Disney Paris was no different and we remain impressed with the company!!!

Sleeping Beauty's Castle!
As J continually hit the middle metal bar while driving the race car, she repeatedly reported to K,"I'm a great driver, aren't I?" He was a sweet daddy and just agreed with her belief about her skills!

Of course you have to ride "It's a Small World" if only to find out how the United States is represented...here it is...what the Europeans picture in their minds when they think of the U.S.


Now, during the 3 hour car ride to Disneyland, J could not stop talking about her preschool friend, Solenne, who had left the day before us. Every half an hour she would say, "I bet we'll run into Solenne. I wonder what Solenne is riding right now?"...and so on. So I found it unbelievable that we actually did run into Solenne even though the park was crowded the two days we were there! I had to get a picture of this! Her sister in the background is actually the one that spotted us.
You'd think by the way my son is stuffing his mouth with cotton candy that I maybe never feed him, or that I never allow him to have sugar. Both statements are quite false.
Just to prove I do feed him, this is a picture inside the Rainforest Cafe. They create a thunderstorm every half hour in the restaurant, making it seem like a real rainforest, decked out with animals and waterfalls. We stopped here for dinner one night.
With the toy soldiers marching by, it reminded us of the parade in Disney World...this is K's favorite part of the parade!

The Star Wars area was a huge hit with R!

We squished together to ride Dumbo.
There's that sword we can never pull out!
The stained glass provided pictures of the Sleeping Beauty story.
I do have to say there was one sad point in the day when J informed me, "Mom, I don't need to see the princesses this time because I know they're just dressed up." My jaw dropped and I couldn't even respond. The magic is fading! So all of you out there on the fence about Disney, take your kids while they're young. The most magical ages were between 2-4 years. I'm so thankful for our many memories!

Posing with their souveniers: a toy gun and Jasmine dress.

1 comment:

Reid said...

You are on a roll with your travels! I am glad you said that about taking young ones to Disney. We have been on the fence about it, but will have to get crackin with our planning now! Looks like tons of fun.