Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Can You Pick Up Some Ice?

While helping a friend plan for the big going away party for so many women (many businesses are having the families go back to the states because of the economy), I asked if there was anything else I could pick up for her. She said, "Sure, I could use about 4 or 5 bags of ice." I thought, "Oh yeah, I can do that."
I waited until the day of the party to think of getting it because it's just absurd to pick up ice any earlier than that. So the day came and I got to thinking...now, Europeans don't usually drink ice in their drinks. I wonder where I should go to pick up some ice? In the U.S. I would have numerous choices...gas stations and basically any grocery store. Remember, everything takes 3 times as long here. I left 3 times earlier than I had originally planned just because of that.
I stopped into 3 grocery stores and finally found bagged ice in the 3rd. To add onto that, it's in the freezer section, not out front by the cash registers - just in case you're in Europe and need a bag of ice!

No comments: