Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cooking Today with Pre-K


Today was the last of the cooking days with Moms and Dads...I just happened to be the lucky one that ended the year. The menu of choice: dirt pie complete with yucky, slimy, squirmy gummy worms. I headed to the door telling the kids we were making dirt pie and we needed to take our cups outside to dig up some good dirt to eat. One little girl just smiled as she started to follow with the cup in her hand. I wonder how far we could have gotten until she realized how crazy that sounded?

We messed up the kitchen really good while dumping in our chocolate pudding, chocolate cake, crushed up Oreos, and hiding the worms in our cups. Can you believe one little girl told me she didn't like chocolate cake? I thought liking chocolate was part of being a girl!

1 comment:

Dallas said...

Dirt pie sounds delicious. I'll have to try that sometime. Have you heard of litterbox cake? It's kind of weird to see, but tastes great. http://candyaddict.com/blog/2006/07/27/litterbox-cake