Saturday, January 23, 2010

Super Bowl Bound!

Oh to be in Indy right now...how homesick I am!!! I remember the one other time we came this far and the excitement in the whole state of IN!

My husband just landed yesterday for a week long stay and I can only imagine the high 5 greetings in the office on a Monday morning after such a game. (As if they did all the work, breaking their necks on the playing field, making those incredible catches. Why do guys act that way??)

And, yes, my 7 year old is going to be nodding off today at school because his mom thought, "He's a great kid and this is a once in a while thing...let him stay up and witness football history!" So, we bit our nails through the first half. (We suffered through those Arby's commercials and their new dollar deals...how hungry for home we were. I just had to say, "Yeah, Buddy, it's been too long. We need to go for a visit really soon!") We used toothpicks to keep our eyes peeled and stuck it out until a little after midnight to see the Colts through to their victory.


I'm ashamed to say Coke Zero accompanied his breakfast this morning. I figured he can't miss any school because of a play off game...wait until the big one and then I'll wake him up, watch the Super Bowl, sleep in, and make it to school a few hours late. (We're 6 hours ahead of Indy time - so he'll have to watch it literally in the middle of the night.) Did I mention I used to be a teacher and how inappropriate that would have seemed to me about 9 years ago? I know. I can't even believe myself sometimes. That was before kids. Before understanding how important it is to share a bonding moment with my 7 year old.

Go Blue!!! We're proud of you!

1 comment:

Reid said...

hooray Amber! I think you were totally justified in keeping him up. football bonding takes precedence. just hope he doesn't tell his teacher today why he is so sleepy! what a superbowl party it will be.