Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Birthday Dilemmas

J's 5th birthday is Friday and the school allows homemade treats, so she wanted me to make princess cupcakes for the big day to pass out to her new friends. That was the plan.
Now we need to go to plan B. (I don't know yet what that is, but we'll need to decide quickly.) As I was getting the kids off the bus this afternoon she steps off with a large bag like you would see from Toys 'R Us (or Toys 'R Yus like my kids say) filled with toys. "What is that?" I asked her. "Well, it was someone's birthday today," she replied. So, when it's someone's birthday they send other kids home with a bunch of presents? What's that about? Come to find out the bag contained candy (like Lik-A-Sticks), a big balloon, a small toy, and then a foot long glow doll like I would buy to have our children bring to someone's birthday party as their present. We are out of our league. I'm used to preschool back home where you bring in a small snack and a small goodie bag with stickers, a pencil, and some candy, not big toys like it's Christmas. I don't know yet what plan B will be, but we'll come up with something!

2 comments:

Sally Liffick said...

I love the "princess crown" but we always knew J was a princess. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!

BelgiumBound said...

Thanks! I sure did!