Friday, January 16, 2009

Birthday Treat Solution

I would love to be able to report that I feverishly worked yesterday to come up with some party favors that would make Martha Stewart proud. Back home I could have pooled my resources and searched the internet for something creative like making playdough and tieing a few little cookie cutters onto the lid of a cute container (my friend Shelly's idea from home). I didn't have the internet yet. I could have driven around town in hopes of finding some great deal that J would be proud to bring to her classmates. I didn't have a car yet. So, with limited resources, limited time (basically we only had about an hour between when K got home from work and when the stores closed...no, they are not open 24/7 here), and limited knowledge of the area (is there even a dollar or euro store around?) we did what we could. The old standby of a princess baggie with candy had to work for this birthday. She could've cared less. She didn't even ask about bringing party favors. She was bringing her sprinkle filled cupcakes with pink icing and red sparkles on top. She was all smiles. As long as she's happy about her birthday, that's all that matters.

No comments: