Saturday, January 17, 2009

Do We Still Have a Transmission?

Well I failed to mention that the station wagon is a manually operated car. K thought that would be fine since I have driven one before (although he has not). He thought I could teach him everything I knew. Little did he know it's been about 18 years ago that I've driven one, and even then I wasn't very good! I honestly probably drove my dad's car about 5 times on the real roads. It was like the blind leading the blind today as we started his driving lesson. We started off in a golf course parking lot down the street from us. After a little whiplash and the dog (who was sitting on my lap) flailing like a fish out of the water, he mastered the whole stop and then go to first gear. So we ventured out to only end up about 45 minutes later in a different parking lot with the stop sign on a hill. He stalled the car about 12-15 times on that hill as we just waved people through (pretty humbling experience) so they could go around and not have the chance of us rolling back into their car. We both came back home with our nerves shot. He vowed to go back later tonight when the workout center would be closed (with no cars around) to practice his hill maneuvers. He's actually there right now. We need one of us to improve or we'll have to draw straws to see who drives the Brady Bunch Mobile all next week.

No comments: